How To Make Star Fruit Prunes
My parents have been gathering fruits from our farm and bringing it to our house. We have Star Fruits, Balimbing in tagalog, and me and my sisters aren’t really a fan of it. So basically, my parents only eat it. My aunt shared a recipe to my mom on how to make prunes out of star fruit.
- Wash, trim off the edges and prick the sides of star fruits.
- Soak the star fruits on a basin of water with Lime Powder (Apog) overnight. Ratio - 2kls of Star Fruits : 1tbsp of Lime Powder
- After soaking it overnight, wash three times and drain.
- Boil for five minutes and add brown sugar. Ratio - 1kl of brown sugar : 2kls of Star Fruits
- Boil for one hour until syrup becomes sticky.
- Let it cool before storing them in a jar.
This is perfect for snacks or "pang-himagas".
Caution to diabetic persons - this food is sweet.
tagged as: delicacies. food. home made. native. recipe. star fruit.